For the majority, it’s the most dreaded day of the week – or days depending on what kind of gym animal you are. Maybe it’s the fact that if you do it right, no other day is going to leave you feeling like you’re going to yak on the way home. Whatever the case may be, friends don’t let friends skip leg day.
To celebrate your next leg day, Matt Peppley (Head of Personal Training at Train Waco and Owner of Coach Pepp) has developed a leg workout to help on your journey towards becoming a quadzilla. Give it a try and let us know how it went.
2 Round Warm-up:
20 Light Seated Adduction
20 Light Seated Abduction
20 Walking Lunges (10 per leg)
1. Seated Hamstring Curl: 3 x 10-15 Reps
2. Hack Squat: 2 x 8-12 Reps
3. Leg Press: 3 x 15-20 + Rest Pause After Last Set (After the 3rd set, rest 25 sec and then do as many reps as possible at the same weight)
4. Bulgarian Split Squat (Holding 1 x Dumbbell Contralateral): 2 x 10-15 Reps/Leg
5. Leg Extension: 3 x 12-20 Reps + 1 x Drop Set (Using the same weight from your 3rd Set, perform as many reps as you can. Upon failure, drop 1-2 plates and immediately perform as many reps as you can again. Continue to drop another 2-3 times completing as many reps as possible.)
6. Stair Master: 10-minutes at an easy to moderate pace
7. Foam Roll + Stretch: 10-15 Minutes
Notes: For the reps listed per movement, you’ll see a rep range. If you’re able to perform the high-end amount of reps, add weight for your next set. If you’re unable to perform the low-end amount of reps, lower the weight on your next set.